Wednesday, November 21, 2012


This is a great tool from Blogger, Ian Byrd of Byrdseed

Ian's blog has amazing lessons, tips, and ideas for gifted education.  He also shows how he tweaks many common activities for gifted education (for multiple content areas). Reading how he increases the complexity of assignments has taught me how to do this too, which I really appreciate!! Thanks Ian for so graciously sharing all of these amazing ideas, and so far everything I've seen he puts up for free!  


The Differentiator is an online resource that lets you (or your students) choose how they will complete an assignment. The picture below is a screen shot, all words in color can be changed. I love it! I'm thinking about using this as a learning menu tool. The students could have full access to choice, or you could assign one skill and let them choose one, etc.   I think many of the students will gravitate to tasks that are on their level.  Just to be sure of this, I am thinking about having my students write an exit sticky note of how they will use this that way I make sure everyone is picking skills/tasks on their level.   



Let me know how you plan to use this in your classroom! I know it's a bit hard to see, but this is an example of how we might use this in class: 


No comments:

Post a Comment